Ashen Guarde Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ashen Guarde Guild

World of Warcraft Alliance Guild

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Caution To all

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ihearvoices

Ihearvoices

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2006-08-17

A Caution To all Empty
PostSubject: A Caution To all   A Caution To all EmptyFri Jan 26, 2007 4:45 pm

A member has yet again been Struck by thouse <I loath to call> People who like to get Account details hack the account and Wipe the charrectors.

I won't list who as it's not my place to do so but I will Urge All of us to change their Passwords for their accounts.

While it is suspected a Mod <UI> may be responsible I need to stress to you all that it may have been a very old version of a mod The thing is Key Monitors and Password Monitors all take informationa and send it to a database where it is accessed at a later date in truth if you have not changed your password since you started Playing there is a very real Chance they Have your account details and just have not got around to accessing your account <Yet>. Remember there is suspected 8 million world wide players of WOW and even if only 10% have had the Mod with a Key/Password Monitor installed Thats still 800,000 Accounts they would have and that would take a while to go through Which ones have the same Passwords or are still accessable.

Now unfortunatly I didn't take the warning that happened to Cobrahunter Seriously But this time I did My Password Has been changed and I am Seriously Thinking about uninstalling Cosmos MOD <UI>.

I know the Mod's have extreamly great uses, and that not all Firewall/Spyware scanners can pick up Key/Password Monitors so the risk is a difficult one to justify so it falls on you the user to decide.

Also Should the Member who has been Hacked wish for Guild Support in Having us email Blizzard with Support and Possitive Messages to Blizzard in Helping get his items and Gold Returned I would like it to be known I am ready to do so.
Back to top Go down
Panzor

Panzor

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2006-08-17

A Caution To all Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Caution To all   A Caution To all EmptySat Jan 27, 2007 2:18 pm

Very excellent security protocols Voices! It would benefit all of us to take Voices advice...I know I've learned my lesson about changing passwords often Mad

Yes, mods are very handy, but from now on I think I can live without them! Sad

Thanks for your support Voices...and Del, Mike, WYD, Path, Gospil, and anyone else I forgot to mention, that has offered me help in restoring Panzor and Maruva. Cheers! cheers

Like I said, let's wait and see if Blizzard will restore my stuff, if they don't, then I will humbly requests the guild's assistance. Very Happy Twisted Evil Wink
Back to top Go down
Pathbric

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2006-09-27

A Caution To all Empty
PostSubject: self experiance   A Caution To all EmptySat Jan 27, 2007 4:17 pm

well i got my account hacked and my character striped, it is a sad case but i didn't notice the hacking method and the ability of the hacker much earlier so it is partly my fault. so right now, i am stopping wow... who will like a percistant hacker that keep on log into your account and strip u and every time i send out the password lost i got to log in for a few second and he come in again.. it is so fast, much fsater than i request for password edit.
though i not sure did i get key logger or not but certainly it is not a fun experiance to had. and also the action blizz gonna take is also a myth, it is either i got it back or not... and also if i got it back and got hacked again... then what can i do? ask bliz again and wait for another month? so i am stopping here atm... see ya next time
Back to top Go down
Talarn

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2006-08-18

A Caution To all Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Caution To all   A Caution To all EmptySun Feb 18, 2007 6:30 pm

I recommend using anti-spyware/adware programs like Ad-Aware and Spybot.

An even better idea is to get a commercial internet security package like Nortons or Trend Micro PC-cillin. They cost up to about $100 AU for a mere 12 months subscription, but they are fairly essential if you intend on using the internet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Caution To all Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Caution To all   A Caution To all Empty

Back to top Go down

A Caution To all
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ashen Guarde Guild :: Ashen Guarde Guild Forums-
Jump to: