Ashen Guarde Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ashen Guarde Guild

World of Warcraft Alliance Guild

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nice keyboard = banned account:(

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bjg

Bjg

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2006-12-10

Nice keyboard = banned account:( Empty
PostSubject: Nice keyboard = banned account:(   Nice keyboard = banned account:( EmptyThu Feb 01, 2007 3:42 pm

Hi all

I know I have not been posting that offten, so sorry.

but the fear of getting banned from the game is getting...well down right SCARY now after i read about a player losing his 2 lvl60 players (below)

http://infernix.net/wowban/

some of u might read this before, but i'm making sure that olyor read it, and if your going down the same path - STOP and STOP NOW
Back to top Go down
Ezekeyal

Ezekeyal

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2006-08-18

PostSubject: Jesus...   Nice keyboard = banned account:( EmptyFri Feb 02, 2007 12:36 pm

Wow, that really sucks. That's so unfair. I have two macro buttons on my keyboard, but luckily I just have them linked to open MS Word and Excel. Jeez, between this and the hackings, I think it's safest just to avoid mods altogether.
Back to top Go down
Whoseyadaddy

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2006-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Nice keyboard = banned account:(   Nice keyboard = banned account:( EmptyFri Feb 02, 2007 1:40 pm

I'm a bit suspicius of the explanation.

Someone reported him because he looked like a bot. What has probably happened is he has programmed his G15 to attack mobs while he sits and watches TV. I've got a G15 - you can program it to do pretty much anything. If your killing mobs to level a skill and someone psst you and says "Hi are you there you're acting like a bot" and you dont answer them because your actually in the next room watching Family Guy then you pretty much deserve what you get". I dont think it really had anything to do with the fact he was running wow on Linux its the "failure to interact with environment" that was the issue. If you play wow you should be at the computer monitoring chat - not watching TV while your keyboard plays the game for you.
Back to top Go down
Panzor

Panzor

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Nice keyboard = banned account:(   Nice keyboard = banned account:( EmptyFri Feb 02, 2007 3:48 pm

Well said WYD...it's so true. Quote from Forrest Gump, "stupid is as stupid does"...if you look like a bot, you should be treated as such. I have no remorse for that guy. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Ezekeyal

Ezekeyal

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2006-08-18

PostSubject: I don't think...   Nice keyboard = banned account:( EmptyFri Feb 02, 2007 5:30 pm

I don't think that he should have been using the macro keyboard, but provided that what he said was the truth, I think it's pretty crumby that he got a total ban, and that Blizzard wouldn't respond any further than automated responses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nice keyboard = banned account:(   Nice keyboard = banned account:( Empty

Back to top Go down

Nice keyboard = banned account:(
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ashen Guarde Guild-
Jump to: